PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING VERY CAREFULLY: Area to be lasered may not be tanned at least two weeks prior to your appointment ** Must discontinue the use of any antibiotics or strong topical creams at least 7 days prior to your appointment **no waxing or plucking at least 4 weeks prior to your appointment ** First time clients must arrive 15 minutes early to fill out paperwork ** The area to be treated, must be shaved the day before, or the day of the appointment (Please note that there is an additional charge if the technician is required to shave).
NECK FRONT / BACK
BACK + SHOULDERS
CHEST + ABS
CHEST + ABS + SHOULDERS
NECK FRONT / BACK
We offer 4 (pay for 3 and get 4th one free) and 6 packs (pay for 5 and get 6th one free of charge).
Contact us to manage an appointment
(Frequently Asked Questions)
Are Candela’s laser Hair Removal treatments safe, and are there any side effects?
Laser and light-based treatments have been safely used for many years for a variety of medical and cosmetic procedures.
How long do Candela’s laser Hair Removal treatments take, and how many treatments will I require?
Treatment times may vary depending on your specific needs. Hair growth is reduced after each treatment and the number of treatments required will be based on your hair color and type, body area and skin tone.
What precautions should I take throughout this process?
Avoid sun exposure at least two weeks before treatment. Do not bleach, pluck or wax 4 to 6 weeks before and after treatment. Wait for tanned skin to fade before beginning treatment.
Are laser hair removal treatments painful?
Candela’s Laser Hair Removal treatments use a patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™), which prepares the skin for treatment by spraying the upper layer with a cooling burst of cryogen in adjustable durations—milliseconds before the laser pulse. DCD helps ensure that the treatments are as comfortable as they are effective.
What are Candela’s Laser Hair Removal treatments like?
Laser energy is delivered through a small handpiece operated by your practitioner. The laser delivers an intense beam of light, which is absorbed by the skin and converted to heat. The heat is then absorbed by the cells being targeted, while the surrounding tissue remains unaffected. Your skin may be slightly red immediately following the procedure. This typically lasts from a few minutes to several hours after the procedure.
IPL VS LASER HAIR REMOVAL
Both treatments produce energy in order to disrupt the growth element of each hair follicle to reduce hair growth. However, this is where the similarity ends.
A laser is an intensely concentrated beam of light. The energy is extremely focused rather than diffuse so it is very precise, offering more powerful, accurate results. During an initial consultation we carefully tune the laser to your individual skin and hair type, ensuring the best possible results on all skin shades and types.
In basic terms, IPL is far less effective than Laser Hair Removal. The energy is produced by a lamp, a little like a light bulb, and produces a variety of light waves, meaning that it is more diffuse and less powerful. It is usually limited to use on fairer skin types.
The Difference Between Laser and IPL
Laser hair removal is a process of using a specific laser wavelength to damage the hair follicle and inhibit new hair growth. The word laser is actually an acronym that stands for Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. A laser emits a single concentrated beam of light. For hair removal, a laser will emit a specific wavelength to target melanin in the hair, heat the hair shaft, and selectively damage the hair follicle. Because the follicle is damaged, hair has a hard time re-growing.
There are several types of lasers and numerous manufacturers of laser devices. The types of lasers include ruby, alexandrite, diode and Nd:YAG lasers. Each of these lasers has a different wavelength, and certain wavelengths work better for certain skin and hair types. For example, the ruby laser (the first laser that received FDA approval for permanent hair reduction) has the shortest wavelength (694 nanometers). It works well for clients with fair skin and fine hair, but is not recommended for those with darker skin tones. The Nd:YAG laser has the longest wavelength (1064 nanometers) and can treat a wider range of skin tones. It is regarded as the gold standard for performing laser hair removal on clients with darker skin tones.
Intense pulsed light is different than a laser because it uses a high-powered light that contains multiple wavelengths as opposed to one single beam. The intense pulsed light method of hair removal uses individual light pulses to target melanin in the hair follicle. The melanin absorbs the light, which damages the follicle to inhibit new hair growth. Similar to laser hair removal, hair and skin color are important factors to consider when treating clients. Intense pulsed light typically works best on clients with light skin and dark hair and may not be appropriate for darker skinned clients.
Laser and intense pulsed light hair removal can be performed on skin anywhere on the body. Some of the most popular treatment areas for women are the underarms, bikini area, legs. For men, popular treatment areas include the back, abdomen, chest and shoulders, as well as the neck. Light-based hair removal can often help men who suffer from ingrown hairs caused by daily facial shaving.
Keep in mind that both laser and intense pulsed light treatments are only effective when targeting hair that is in the anagen phase (also known as the active growth stage). Because a client’s hair goes through different stages, only a small amount of hairs are in the anagen phase at any given time. Because of this, treatments usually need to be spaced out every six to eight weeks, with an average of up to six to 10 treatments for the best results. Also, it is important to note that laser and intense pulsed light devices do not promise permanent hair removal; only electrolysis is cleared for that. Laser and intense pulsed light procedures offer up to 90 percent permanent hair reduction because they have been proven to remove hair for long periods of time, but there is still a possibility that some hair may grow back at some point.
The GentleMax Pro, is the Gold Standard for Laser Hair Removal in all Fitzpatrick skin types.
The Pro Advantage: Faster. Greater Performance. More Versatility.
The GentleMax Pro® is a single consolidated system that delivers a range of treatments – all skin type hair removal, as well as pigmented and vascular lesions. It is a dual wavelength laser platform that combines the fastest and most powerful 755 nm Alexandrite laser with the 1064 nm Nd:YAG laser for high performance treatment capabilities in terms of speed, efficacy, ease-of-use, outstanding performance, safety and patient satisfaction.
A 20/22/24 mm Large Spot Delivery System makes the GentleMax Pro the fastest dual wavelength hair removal laser in the industry.
The Gold Standard Gentle Hair Removal® – for All skin types
Further Clinical Indications include:
Epidermal pigmented lesions
Telangiectasia on the face and legs
Pseudofoliculitis Barbae / Beard Bumps
NEW! Nail Fungus
• No self-tanning of the skin before, immediately after, or between treatments. Tanned skin may absorb a portion of the energy that should be striking the hair follicle and can adversely affect the results of the treatment and damage the skin.
• No sun tanning, tanning beds, spay tans and self-tanning lotions for at least two weeks before and after treatments
• You must avoid bleaching, plucking, waxing, tweezing hair or electrolysis treatments for four weeks prior to treatment
• If you have had a history of perioral herpes, prophylactic antiviral therapy may be started the day before treatment and continued one week after treatment.
• If you start a course of antibiotics, you cannot have a laser treatment while on it and for 1-2 weeks after your last dose to avoid photosensitivity.
• Hair must be shaved in the treatment area 12-24 hours prior to any hair removal procedure
• Skin should be free of all products: makeup, deodorant, creams, oils. etc.
• The laser seeks melanin and it will also be attracted to dark colors. Therefore, if you are treating your bikini area, we ask that you please wear white or light colored undergarments.
• Do not take Roaccutane/lsotane/Oratane/Tretinoin
• Moisturize daily the areas that are being treated since dry skin may be more sensitive.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS:
• Slight reddening of the skin
• Local swelling which goes away within a few hours or days, including follicular edema.
• Blistering in rare cases
• During the healing process, skin may become either darker (hyper pigmentation) or lighter (Hypo pigmentation). This is usually temporary. DO NOT rub it but allow it to exfoliate naturally.
• Safety considerations are important during the laser procedure. Protective eyewear should be worn by the client and all personnel during the treatment.
You will be guided by your laser technician in choosing products to assist in the healing process. Please feel free to ask any questions you might have regarding the procedure.
1. Immediately after the treatments, there should be redness and bumps at the treatment area, which may last up to 2 hours or longer. It is normal for the treated area to feel like sunburn for a few hours. You should use a cold compress if needed. If any crusting, apply antibiotic cream. Some physicians recommend aloe vera gel or some other after sunburn treatment such as Desitin. Darker pigmented people may have more discomfort than lighter skin people and may require tire aloe vera gel or an antibiotic ointment longer.
2. Makeup may be used after the treatment, unless there is epidermal blistering. It is recommended to use new makeup to reduce the possibility of infection. Just make sure that you have moisturizer on under your makeup In fact, moisturizer will help the dead hair exfoliate from the follide. so use moisturizer frequently and freely on the treated area. Any moisturizer without alpha-hydroxy aods will work.
3. Avoid sun exposure to reduce the chance of dark or light spots for 2 months. Use sunscreen SPF 25 or higher at alt times throughout the treatment
4. Avoid picking or scratching the treated skin. DO NOT USE any other hair removal methods or products on the treated area during the course of your laser treatments, as it will prevent you from achieving your best results.
5. You may shower after the laser treatments, and use soap, deodorant, etc. The treated area may be washed gently with a mild soap. Skin should be patted dry and NOT rubbed. Underarm areas, that have been treated, should be wiped with alcohol for 24 hours. You may apply deodorant after 24 hours.
6. Anywhere from 5-30 days after the treatment, shedding of the hair may occur and this may appear as new hair growth. This is not new hair growth, but dead hair pushing its way out of the follide. You can help the hair exfoliate by washing or wiping with a washcloth.
7. Hair re-growth occurs at different rates on different areas of the body. New hair growth will not occur for at least three weeks after treatment.
8. Call your physidan’s office with any questions or concerns you may have after the treatment
Please note: Stubbles, representing dead hair being shed from the hair follicle, will appear within 10-20 days from the treatment date. This is normal and will fall out quickly
You have questions about laser hair removal and we have the answers. Here are some of the more frequently asked questions along with answers.
How safe are Candela’s laser hair removal treatments? Will I experience any side effects?
Treatments involving the use of light therapy have come a long way over the years. The same goes for all forms of laser therapy in NYC. Both are among the safest approaches to removing hair that one could imagine.
What you can expect after a series of treatments is smooth and healthy skin. The potential for side effects is very small, especially if you follow our instructions for care after a treatment.
Will the treatments take a long time? How many treatments are needed to get rid of the hair?
We determine the number and duration of treatment sessions based on your individual situation. Factors such as the type of hair you want removed, the hair texture, and even the color will play a role in how long each session lasts and how many you will need. Even factors like your skin tone and the area where the hair currently thrives will make an impact.
Remember that we structure the New York City sessions so that the hair can be removed safely and ensure that the results are exactly what you desire.
Is There Anything I Should Do While During the Treatment Series?
Our team will provide specific guidelines to follow during the course of the permanent hair removal series. Those guidelines are a combination of general recommendations plus any instructions that apply specifically to you.
In general, we recommend that clients avoid activities like sun tanning for at least two weeks before the first session. Once the series is completed, we’ll provide suggestions for tanning based on your skin type.
We also recommend no waxing, plucking, or bleaching for a minium of four weeks prior to the first treatment. Six weeks is even better. Allow the same amount of time after your sessions are completed.
Can I Expect Any Discomfort During the Treatments?
Many people think laser hair removal treatments hurt. We use a patented Dynamic Cooling Device™ (DCD™) designed to deploy a burst of cryogen in between the laser pulses. this keeps the skin cool and prevents pain during the treatments.
What Actually Happens During a Candela Laser Hair Removal treatment?
Our expert uses a small piece of equipment to deliver laser bursts to the skin. The skin absorbs the light from the laser and heats the cells targeted by the treatment. All the surrounding skin tissue remains unaffected by the bursts. Some clients notice a small amount of redness after a session. It will fade within a few minutes to a few hours after the treatment.
Visit our office at 216 E 39th St Suite 1, New York, NY 10016 today and let’s talk about what laser hair removal treatments can do for you.